I also get -- rare and very unpleasant -- support emails with this
error, also "database disk image is malformed".

Sometimes it's one of the databases used internally by WebView (and
yet, a crash is a crash).

Then there are rare cases when the app's database just disappears.

The framework has code to detect corrupted databases and delete them.
Most likely it's this code that kicks in. I doubt it was added into
the framework just for my app.

SQLite is supposedly the best tested piece of software ever. However,
there was one case when its developer admitted on a mailing list that
a particular version, which happened to be included in a particular
Android release, could corrupt its in-memory buffer, albeit not disk
image (if my memory serves me). So nothing is perfect, all software
has bugs, yada yada yada...

I don't even have a theory on what the root cause is: other SQLite
bugs, Android's use of ext4, memory chips going bad... I just look at
it as a given.

-- K

2013/9/19 Nathan <nathan.d.mel...@gmail.com>:
> Also interested in any other reasons I might be getting
> SQLiteDiskIOException disk I/O error (code 1802) at random times in the
> field.
>
> After thinking this was a real breakthrough, I heard back from people saying
> that their database was less than 1 GB anyway. This could be not a real
> problem, or it could be just one of many problems.
>
> Data from the (singleton) SQliteDatabase can be read from multiple threads,
> but from my best understanding of SQLiteDatabases, reads and writes will
> simply block until they get access.
>
> Nathan

> ---
> "Android Developers" group.