Well my, previous, understanding was that the support library was to
provide functionality found in the most recent APIs, for earlier APIs.
So, stuff in the v4.0 could be used in v2.3 via the support library.

Perhaps you could clear something up for me.
When I use just *one *item in the support library, will I get *only* that
item included in my apps files, or will *all of the support library* be
packaged all the same ?

On Friday, September 27, 2013 2:05:31 PM UTC+2, alice wrote:

> So what if it is in the support library?..... it is as native as it could
> be!
>

> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Simon Giddings
> <mr.s.g...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> I have seen the Navigation Drawer and am interested in it for my v4.1
>> tablet application.
>> However, I see that the documentation describes it as being within the
>> support library.
>>
>> My understanding was that this library was mainly for apps in and before
>> v2.3 of android.
>>
>> Is there not a "native" version of this feature available, or are we
>> "condemned" to using the support library ?
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> "Android Developers" group.
>> email to android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.