I don't think that Android's typeface component or TextView allows
switching to different variants. If your font does not have a mapping from
that glyph to a Unicode code point then you probably won't be able to
render it.

If you have a font editing application you could extract that glyph and
assign it to an ordinary "1" :-/

On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:32:17 AM UTC-5, Ingo Klein wrote:

> Hi guys,
> i would like to show a Glyph (GlyphID 932) of a Font that i use in my app.
> The Glyph isn't specified in the Unicode therefor is doesn't have and
> UnicodeID.
> Its a special redrawn "1" inside this Font.
> Under Photoshop you can acces it via "OpenType-> Format variants" (or sort
> of, i use the German Version)
> and it will display the correct Character.
> I also tried to copy it directly in the Source but only got a squared
> Questionmark.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Code below :
>
>     Typeface tf = Typeface.createFromAsset(this.getActivity().getAssets(),
> "fonts/thesansextra.otf");
>     TextView tv = (TextView) view.findViewById(R.id.txt_sub);
>     tv.setText("1");
>     tv.getPaint().setAntiAlias(true);
>     tv.setTypeface(tf);

---