I am writing an application for Android tablets - version 4.0 (min sdk 14)

Here is the content at the start of the activity :

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s7H2b2yp8Gk/Uo9E9VZP1XI/AAAAAAAAAm8/W0maYf5wefQ/s1600/actionbar_prb1.jpg>

When I click (I am working in the emulator) on the plus button (to zoom in
one level),  this is the result :

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YP1eyEF13RM/Uo9FY9thC6I/AAAAAAAAAnE/VX-FuuZILZk/s1600/actionbar_prb2.jpg><https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s7H2b2yp8Gk/Uo9E9VZP1XI/AAAAAAAAAm8/W0maYf5wefQ/s1600/actionbar_prb1.jpg>

If I remove the TextView control at the head of the ActionBar, this is the
resulting visual behaviour :

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D52Fjc3_60c/Uo9QWtiXGwI/AAAAAAAAAnU/WbKsz70aZ98/s1600/actionbar_prb3.jpg>

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CiWez7jbELA/Uo9QpMeOZuI/AAAAAAAAAnc/O11uYPVre7U/s1600/actionbar_prb4.jpg>

The number button is defined in the menu as -

    <item
        android:id="@+id/partion_songnumber"
        android:title="Numéro du chant"
        android:showAsAction="always"
        android:actionLayout="@layout/actionbar_songnumber_btn" />

The layout file is defined as

<TextView xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:id="@+id/tv_songnumber"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="match_parent"
        android:paddingLeft="5dp"
        android:paddingRight="5dp"
        android:layout_gravity="center_vertical"
        android:clickable="true"
        android:textSize="29dp" />

The menu is modified via the method onPrepareOptionsMenu

The content of this method is like this :

    @Override
    public boolean onPrepareOptionsMenu(Menu menu)
    {
        boolean bOk = super.onPrepareOptionsMenu(menu);
        TextView tv;
        int iZoomLevel = m_ZoomListHandler.GetCurrentPosition();

        if(bOk)
        {
            menu.findItem(R.id.partition_zoomin).setEnabled(iZoomLevel < 7);
            menu.findItem(R.id.partition_zoomout).setEnabled(iZoomLevel >
0);

            // set the songnumber
            tv = (TextView)menu.findItem(R.id.partion_songnumber)
                                .getActionView();
            tv.setText(String.format("%d", m_iSongNumber));
        }

        return true;
    }
I have tried searching for why this happens, with no success.

Can anyone help me resolve this ?

---
"Android Developers" group.