I am working on this code, it returns no error but it doesnt display
maps on the emulator... it doesnt seem to be able to find the mapview

        @Override
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
                setContentView(R.layout.main);

                myMap = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.simpleGM_map); // Get map
from
XML
                btnSearch = (Button) findViewById(R.id.simpleGM_btn_search); //
Get
button from xml
                adress = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.simpleGM_adress); // Get
address from XML

                gc = new Geocoder(this); // create new geocoder instance

                btnSearch.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
                        public void onClick(View v) {
                                String addressInput =
adress.getText().toString(); // Get input
text

                                try {

                                        List<Address> foundAdresses =
gc.getFromLocationName(
                                                        addressInput, 5); //
Search addresses

                                        if (foundAdresses.size() == 0) { // if
no address found,
                                                // display an error
                                                Dialog locationError = new
AlertDialog.Builder(

simpleGoogleMaps.this).setIcon(0).setTitle(

"Error").setPositiveButton(R.string.ok, null)
                                                                .setMessage(

"Sorry, your address doesn't exist.")
                                                                .create();
                                                locationError.show();
                                        } else { // else display address on map
                                                for (int i = 0; i <
foundAdresses.size(); ++i) {
                                                        // Save results as
Longitude and Latitude
                                                        // @todo: if more than
one result, then show a
                                                        // select-list
                                                        Address x =
foundAdresses.get(i);
                                                        lat = x.getLatitude();
                                                        lon = x.getLongitude();
                                                }
                                                navigateToLocation((lat *
1000000), (lon * 1000000),
                                                                myMap); //
display the found address
                                        }
                                } catch (Exception e) {
                                        // @todo: Show error message
                                }

                        }
                });
        }

        /**
         * Navigates a given MapView to the specified Longitude and Latitude
         *
         * @param latitude
         * @param longitude
         * @param mv
         */
        public static void navigateToLocation(double latitude, double
longitude,
                        MapView mv) {
                GeoPoint p = new GeoPoint((int) latitude, (int) longitude); //
new
                // GeoPoint
                mv.displayZoomControls(true); // display Zoom (seems that it
doesn't
                // work yet)
                MapController mc = mv.getController();
                mc.animateTo(p); // move map to the given point
                int zoomlevel = mv.getMaxZoomLevel(); // detect maximum zoom
level
                mc.setZoom(zoomlevel - 1); // zoom
                mv.setSatellite(false); // display only "normal" mapview

        }
}