I could imagine that forcing the OS into a low memory situation might
trigger what you want. By temporarily allocating large blocks of memory
from native code (using the NDK) the OS may try to stop background apps and
services which in turn will free their claimed resources and RAM. Don't
forget to free your allocated memory.

On Monday, December 30, 2013 10:15:17 AM UTC-6, 12169 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen an application clean master that  free the system memory when
> we click the option( boost memory).and it actually free the system RAM  and
> i checked this programmatically.but i donot know how this application free
> the system RAM.any help?
>
> On Monday, December 30, 2013 4:20:04 AM UTC-8, 12169 wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have found some applications that claims to free the RAM of the
>> device.after search i have found that they free the inactive memory of the
>> device.but i donot found any api to free the inactive memory of the
>> device.any help how we can free the RAM of the device.

---
"Android Developers" group.