Hi,

I kept my  .apk file in my "apache" webserver at "Document root" path.
This is the only file at Document Root . I had removed index.html file
at this location. If I keep the index.html file then other files where
not displayed if I open the URL i.e http://<ip_address> using a web
browser

Now from my Google phone browser I'm able to download the apk file and
and install it in Google phone.
Note 1: I had not done any settings to add the MIME type "application/
vnd.android.package-archive"  in apache webserver.

Note 2: I was connecting to my webserver through WiFi.

But the same apk file I was not able to download from my Gmail (as
attachment) and I got "unknown file type" error in this case.

After reading few related topics, I came to know about the MIME type
support required in webserver for android applications.

Now I'm wondering how come file gets installed sucessfully from my
apache webserver even without adding the MIME type "application/
vnd.android.package-archive" .

Any clues what's happening here?

Regards,
Manoj