Hi,

The company I work for has outsourced the building of a specific app to a
3rd party. We have our own apps but just don't have the time/manpower to
make this one on schedule.

So firstly, they asked for our play store account details in order to
launch/test the app for us. I refused.
So then they said they'd need our key details in order to sign the app so
that they can build the apk and give it to us to upload. Again I have said
no.

Am I right in not giving out these security details, or being a little
paranoid as only having one will always prevent malicious use as you'd need
the other.

Or can they

1) create an app and I resign it
2) sign it with a different key and we still upload it to our play account

Thanks

Russ

---
"Android Developers" group.