That's because a FileDescriptor doesn't necessarily reference an actual
file on a filesystem.  It's an abstraction for a stream of bytes that could
be coming from a file or some other source (such as stdin, stdout).  You're
not supposed to know or care what it is, you just read or write it.

Doug

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 4:51:02 AM UTC-8, jb wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using an intent to invoke a file chooser.
> Some of the file chooser applications return an
> Uri of scheme "file" others return an Uri of
> "scheme" content.
>
> I need to obtain the last modified date of the
> chosen object. How do I do that? I didn't find
> an appropriate API. There is some API that returns
> a FileDescriptor. But I don't get the last modified
> date from a FileDescriptor.
>
> Any help appreciate.
>
> Best Regards

---