This is expected behavior, and Doug's assumption is right. JPEG images may
contain EXIF <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format>data
blocks that also specify the orientation of the image. On your server
you need to read the orientation data and use it to rotate the image into
the opposite direction. If your server code is written in PHP you can use
the Imagick library and the following functions for determining the
orientation and rotating the image
respectively:Imagick::getImageOrientation()<http://www.php.net/manual/en/imagick.getimageorientation.php>,

Imagick::rotateImage()<http://www.php.net/manual/en/imagick.rotateimage.php>
.
If the server software is written in Java you could use a library such as
Metadata-Extractor <http://code.google.com/p/metadata-extractor/> for
reading the orientation and any image processing library of your choice for
rotating the image.

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:07:37 AM UTC-5, Jags wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried to capture an image and send it to server in my app. I did that
> using camera intent. the problem is in my samsung galaxy s4 device the
> image is rotated -90 degree by default. I read around web that it is a
> problem with the samsung devices. But what is the best solution to it ? if
> i rotate the image after capture, it becomes heavy image processing in my
> app. What is the best approach to resolve this ?
>
> in phonegap there is something like correctOrientation = true / false
> what's its counterpart in native code ?
>
> thanks and regards
> jags

---