I am working on an application where the user can create a list of items
(songs).
The user can also add a text block to the list - text to be read as an
introduction to the next sequence of songs, for example.

It is with this "text editer" activity that I am having trouble deciding
where to put things.
I am displaying it as a dialog and have therefore placed "cancel" and "ok"
buttons at the bottom of the layout.
However, this means that they are hidden by the virtual keyboard when the
focus is on the edittext widget.

In addition, I wanted to add the ability to paste text copied from
elsewhere - another app, a web page.

After having looked in the design guides ... I am no further forward.

Should I rather be placing the cancel and ok buttons at the top of the
layout ?
Should this rather be a full screen activity where I use the action bar to
place a paste button ?
If I do this, should the cancel and ok buttons also be in the action bar ?

I hope someone can advise me with this as I am stuck at this point.

---
"Android Developers" group.