I have just purchased and received my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 tablet
(Android 4.4.2).
Just got over the panic of not seeing the developer options in settings =
had to tap 7 times on the version number to get this displayed.

Now, I have started a debug session to install my app for continuing
development.
I need to add data files to the installation location, but when I go into
DDMS file explorer, it refuses to open the /data directory.
Is there a way of opening this, somehow ?

The file permissions are : drwxrwx--x
I presume that I will need to change it to drwxrwxrwx ?

Is this right ?

---
"Android Developers" group.