> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:18:17AM +0300, Harri Sm?tt wrote:
> >
> > Removing the existing ADT Plugin from Software Sites in preferences -
> > then adding it back using Install New Software - finally let me upgrade
> > ADT to the latest version though. This could help you too.
>
> What did you add back and how (i.e., what URL)?  I have version 21 of the
> ADT, which pre-dates this whole insanity on my drive, but I tried that
> yesterday, and Eclipse still inslsted that it had 22.6 (which I removed
> from the Eclipse directory).

I was able to recover my broken (by the Platform L preview / tools 23)
Eclipse install by doing essentially the same....

... but without having to remove and add back the download site URL, or
uninstalling ADT 22 as a separate step.

This is what worked for me:

1 - Brought up Help -> Install new software

2 - In the "work with" dropdown, selected Android.

The download site for that is (should be listed in the dropdown)

Android - https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse

3 - The large area below showed the new (23.0.*) tools.

4 - Selected everything, unselected "Android Native Development Tools",
since I didn't have those installed

5 - Pressed Next

6 - And finally -- Eclipse offered to *replace* the already installed ADT
tools 22 with new tools 23.

I suppose if native tools version 22 are already installed, then step 4
should be skipped, but that's not my configuration.

Hope this helps.

-- K

> > But at the end I decided to re-install Eclipse with the latest version
> > from scratch. Seriously.. Indigo, why?
>
> To quote an old saying (poor English and all), "Don't fix it if it ain't
> broke."
>
> Of course, now, it's not just Eclipse that's brokwn, it's my procmail
> filters, too.  WTH is going on?  This past week has been one issue
> after another, and it's getting REALLY old.
>
> Thanks,
>    --jim
>
> --
> THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
> 73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | AN EXCERCISE is a situation in which you stop
> what
> spooky1...@gmail.com      | you're doing in order to simulate doing what
> you
> < Running Mac OS X Lion > | were doing so you can show someone else that
> you
> ICBM / Hurricane:         | can simulate what you were doing as well as you
>    30.44406N 86.59909W    | were doing it before you were interrupted.

---
"Android Developers" group.