Just barely looking at the communication protocols for Android Wear and
needed to clarify something before I go too far down the road.

Is the communication only intended between a mobile app and its
corresponding Wear app?

Or could there be a one to many or many to one relationship?

Looking at the documentation, I don't see the part where you specify which
app you are talking to.

I think it is unlikely that every wear app gets every message from every
mobile app, or vice versa.

So I would assume that a wearables apk must be installed from inside the
mobile app sdk to be paired with it

and there is no chance, say, for the free and paid version of an app to
both communicate with the same wearable app.

In any case, what is the mechanism by which the apps know who their peer
app is? Is it by using the exact same package name or by some other
mechanism?

Nathan

---
"Android Developers" group.