Hi all,
Looks like the Android Geocoder recently stopped working when you search
using a bounding box.

AOSP Issue:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=75575

StackOverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25621087/android-geocoder-getfromlocationname-stopped-working-with-bounds

I created a small sample open-source project to demonstrate the issue:
https://github.com/barbeau/GeocoderDemo

The Android Geocoder seems to always return the same generic results no
matter what the search term is if you use a bounding box.

If you use the Android Geocoder with a bounding box, you should check your
app.  Its a subtle bug unless a user reports it to you directly, depending
on how the geocoder is integrated into your app.

I've also posted on this to the Android Development G+ group here:
https://plus.google.com/104230720789224785692/posts/Mm5YwzeUoZV

Sean

---
"Android Developers" group.