The current Google Play Developer Program Policies
<https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html> state the
following about payment processing and monetization:

*Paid and Free Apps*

>    - *App purchases:* Developers charging for apps and downloads from
>    Google Play must do so by using Google Play's payment system.
>    - *In-app purchases:*
>    -
>       - Developers offering virtual goods or currencies within a game
>       downloaded from Google Play must use Google Play's in-app billing
>       service
>       <http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/index.html> as
>       the method of payment.
>       - Developers offering additional content, services or functionality
>       within another category of app downloaded from Google Play must use
> Google
>       Play's in-app billing service
>       <http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/index.html> as
>       the method of payment, except:
>          - where payment is primarily for physical goods or services
>          (e.g., buying movie tickets, or buying a publication where the price
> also
>          includes a hard copy subscription); or
>          - where payment is for digital content or goods that may be
>          consumed outside of the app itself (e.g., buying songs that can be
> played
>          on other music players).
>        - Developers must not mislead users about the apps they are
>    selling nor about any in-app services, goods, content or functionality
> they
>    are selling. If your product description on Google Play refers to in-app
>    features to which a specific or additional charge applies, your
> description
>    must clearly notify users that payment is required to access those
>    features.
>
> These conditions do not explicitly mention donations, but the way I read
it is that using a 3rd party payment processor such as PayPal is only
forbidden when the payment is meant for the app itself or extended features
and goods that can only be used / consumed with the app. According to those
conditions it's probably also not allowed to ask for PayPal donations for
your programming work, since that could be seen as a late payment for the
app.
I would say that donations for a good cause unrelated to yourself and your
app, are acceptable. To be sure you could either try and get in touch with
the Google Play developer support team
<https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/> or consult a
lawyer.

By the way, there is an Android *donations* *library* on GitHub, that
claims to support several payment processors:
https://github.com/dschuermann/android-donations-lib

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 2:18:24 AM UTC-5, vitthal khatpe wrote:

> I want to implement the Donation functionality using Paypal for a android
> application which is generating donation for a cause. There are three
> options to implement
>
> 1) Using Native SDK
>
> 2) Using webview
>
> 3) Redirect to webpage on browser
>
> If i go with the first option, then it is possible to replace the button
> (*Buy
> a Thing*) with label '*Donate*' shown in sample application of Paypal Paypal
> sample app for integrating SDK in native app
> <https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-Android-SDK/tree/master/SampleApp>
>

> <https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-zEs7N3HgYkw/VB0pkz2DbHI/AAAAAAAAAyU/hA_b_gxH25E/s1600/Screenshot_2014-09-13-22-49-58.png>
>

> As i am using the donation option in native app instead of In App
> Purchase. In this case, Will Google suspend my application from Google play
> store?.
>
> If above case is true, In that case, do i have to go with the second
> option (WebView) OR this webview option is also not possible as it is also
> the part of native application.
>
> And Hence i have to redirect a user to the browser for a donation if above
> options are not true.
>
> Please let me know the correct option.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

---