I have an application developed which needs to connect to a web site to
collect online content.

I have seen that we can indeed connect to a web server on a local system by
addressing it via it's ip address.
However, I am using virtual hosts on my system, so as to use virtual
domains.
This is setup on my system in the apache httpd-vhosts.conf file like this -
#
# Project wordpress dev site
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/web/www/boutique"
    ServerName boutique.project.dev
</VirtualHost>

with my hosts file having the following entry
127.0.0.1        boutique.project.dev        # project woocommerce site

I am using the HttpPost and HttpClient classes and I cannot see how I can
provide the real IP address whilst still transmitting the host name in the
URL request.

So, what I need to know is how can I make queries from my application using
the virtual address " boutique.project.dev " ?
Is this possible ?

---
"Android Developers" group.