I've created a very basic app that has an intent for external NDEF type as
shown below.

<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
    <data android:scheme="vnd.android.nfc"
        android:host="ext"
        android:pathPrefix="/com.example:externalType"/></intent-filter>

The activity the above is nested in is the main activity for the app and is
just a vanilla blank activity.

All works fine on the standard user side however if I side load the app on
to the Work Profile the intent never reaches the app and the "New tag
collected" screen is shown.

The Android documentation states that the Profile administrator can control
which intents are sent across from the user to the work profile however I
can find no such settings within the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12 (our
MDM) console or the Android for Work console.

http://developer.android.com/training/enterprise/app-compatibility.html#prevent_failed_intents

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/a96348a5-079e-40f8-b9ce-cb22933078ee%40googlegroups.com.