We are using Android Studio on OS X in a classroom setting. Multiple
students share the same Mac over time and we have the following issue:

   - User A starts Android Studio and works on his/her project.
   - User A stops Android Studio and logs out.

   - User B logs in and Starts Android Studio.
   - On starting the Debugger/Emulator Android Studio complains that it
   cannot access ADB

After some research it turns out that Android Studio creates /tmp/adb.log
and grants access privileges to User A.
So User B cannot use ADB as /tmp/adb.log is not writeable for User B.

I believe that this behaviour occurs since Android Studio 1.5.1.

The possible solutions are:
Reboot the Mac before a new Stundent logs in.
Remove /tmp/adb.log manually
Create a script that removes  /tmp/adb.log whenever a user logs out

Is there any option to have adb.log in a directory other than tmp?

kind regards

Robert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/30980c49-00f9-4451-a04a-1e5ed64262b4%40googlegroups.com.