I want to port

http://generalfuzz.net/acrn/

to android to help my (and other peoples) tinnitus. I tried AppInventor but
it could not make the frequency slider. & then PhoneGap which only produced
a part of the app.

So I thought I have to start from scratch.
I am running Ubuntu 14.04 32 bit on machine with 310 GB.  My reading of the
requirements was that this is sufficient.
I installed Oracle Java 8, &  Android Studio & tried to create MyFirstApp.
It does not find my samsung phone in developer mode, tells me that my
laptop lacks an intel processor & is therefore  inadequate to create a
virtual device & refuses to run online documentation. There was an adb
error at the bottom of the screen which I tried to fix by rolling back
platform-tools & now it simply refuses to react to the request for online
documentation.

Q1 Is this laptop able to develop in android studio?
Q2 How can I debug the online documentation failure?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/60b328ad-f26e-4707-89fa-28742f1d6e64%40googlegroups.com.