Hello,

Is there any possibility to identify test purchases somehow? The
documentation on testing in-app purchases
(https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_testing.html#testing-purchases)

states that the orderId is blank in case of a test purchase:

Test purchases are real orders and Google Play processes them in the same
> way as other orders. However, the orderId field for test purchases is
> blank.

However, this seems not to be the case.

I tested the whole process with the TrivialDrive app from google (setting
it up in Google Play Developer Console, adding the needed credentials etc).
Purchases go through and they are clearly test purchases (identified as
such in the app ("This is a test purchase...") and in the merchant center).

All those test purchases have a valid orderId (e.g.
 "GPA.1379-8782-3628-95295").

So it looks like the documentation is wrong here?

Even other developers seem to have that problem
(e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35014039/why-google-in-app-billing-return-proper-orderid-in-case-of-test-purchase)

Even if you check the purchase against google servers those purchases can't
be distinguished as there is no indication that it is a test purchase.

Example:

{
    "kind": "androidpublisher#productPurchase",
    "purchaseTimeMillis": "1464012775828",
    "purchaseState": 0,
    "consumptionState": 1,
    "developerPayload": ""
}

Currently test purchases of alpha and beta tests clutter our tracking data
as those purchases are not distinguishable from real purchases.

Does anybody have an idea how we can determine if a purchase was a real
purchase or a test purchases?

Any help is very much appreciated as we are currently running out of
options.

Kind regards,
Joachim

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/93130ba3-51ec-4a5a-ba11-70f9fc3cc418%40googlegroups.com.