I am new to Android Studio but not to coding.
I am slowly getting used to the environment and making progress but I keep
experiencing the editing GUI freezing up.
It happens without warning and is not linked to the usual suspects of
endless loops etc.
The machine is not starved of RAM but when a freeze occurs the RAM used by
Studio remains constant at over 1.2Gb, if that is any indication.

I appreciate that this is a difficult problem as you have no way of knowing
how my machine is set up so I am simply asking for advice on how to
proceed.
If someone could stare into a crystal ball and solve my issue, that would
be great but I won't hold my breath.

I am using studio64 on Windows 10 and running in admin mode.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/67b00db8-a15a-455a-ad84-afc4760ab733%40googlegroups.com.