Could someone please tell me if the AVD / emulator in Android Studio 2.1.1
now has a dependency on pulseaudio ?

I am using slackware linux 14.1 x86_64 multilib, and whenever I run the
emulator I get the following error :

/opt/android-sdk-linux/tools/qemu/linux-x86_64/qemu-system-i386: error while
such file or directory

This even happens when I use the command line and specify the -noaudio
option.

Is there any workaround or do I need to install pulseaudio ?

                            Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/454435de-f069-4d40-a076-b3893de81859%40googlegroups.com.