*Build ad Release Engineer*
*Location: Irving, TX *
*Assignment term: 12+ months*
*Interviews: phone 1st; onsite 2nd*
*Visa: USC or GC or EAD GC*
*About the position:*
Source control management & Build/Software Packaging Drive the Software
Releases and own it end to end Maintains the release schedule and ensure
all key stake holders are communicated Scripting knowledge - batches, power
shell, Microsoft Team foundation Server. Administration - branch creation,
code merge, build definitions and MSI creation
* Prerequisites: Minimum experience 2 years:*
- Solid scripting knowledge - batches, power shell, Microsoft Team
- Source control management & Build/Software Packaging experience
- Strong knowledge of Software Releases and maintaining release
- Experience in branching creation, coding merge, building definitions
and MSI creation
- Ability to take ownership – end-to-end
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Must be organized; ability to prioritize and adapt to changing
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
*Source control manager & Build/Software Packaging *
- Safe keeping of all source code in TFS.
- Manage branching/merging strategy.
- Manage access to source code (permissions)
- Work with development leads to understand impacts of branches and code
- Manage TFS build process, branches and merges, work with dev teams and
guide when to merge and label the branch after release and own the merge,
build and release process.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at
- Ensure the builds are clean and if there are any build errors work
with developers to correct the build errors in timely fashion
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build (e.g. Scripts for
creating ‘msi’ using install shield and other tools)
- Create release packages and automates the portions that can help
reduce the manual work like, packaging, deployment
- Ensure release packages are self-contained and contain stopping and
starting of dependent services within the package and can be successfully
- Researches new software development and configuration management
methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current
configuration management needs
- Drive the Software Releases and own it end to end
- Define release calendar after discussing release with PM’s PS leads,
and drive the software release process. Coordinate releases and conduct
release readiness reviews, milestone reviews
- maintains the release schedule and ensure all key stake holders are
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule
- Lead and co-ordinate release activities with different teams from
development, testing, lab team and Production Support.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are
delivered on time and quality and meet the original release criteria’s’
(approved defects, approved modules , dependent services are started or
stopped, correct install stream path )
- Understand the software modules that are part of package and help/work
with development teams understand impact of the package on services,
control and review what change sets are added to the build and review only
approved change sets are added to the build.
- communicate to teams the production build versions, and help them
understand the deployment release path.
- Act as gatekeeper for software releases and review the deliverables at
various tollgates like Dev Testing, QC testing, PIT, UAT etc. and after
reviewing only release the software to next stage. Understand the release
requirements and work with PM’s and Testing team to release software if it
meets the release criteria
- Work with onsite and offshore teams for release management; own the
communication of the release management internally and with Client. Drive
the release meetings, and communicate stakeholders about the build and
- Coordinate with teams for Smoke-testing, smoke testing result
verification, and QC testing results. Communicate release status and
coordinate with Dev team and testing team for release resolutions.
- Review Transmittals, Release Notes before releasing to Customer,
ensure they are correct for Stop/Start, reboot based on package contents,
and Release package officially to SEI
- continually work towards making improvements in the release process
*Thanks & Regards,*
* 732- 837- 2138 ao...@sagetl.com <ao...@sagetl.com>*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-developers.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.