I updated to the latest Android Studio on my mac. However, when I try to
reference a view the IDE is inputting the view id like this:

Button btnCalls = (Button) findViewById(R.id.@+id/btnCalls)

Of course it is throwing an error saying their can't be a /

I know that the proper coding would be:

Button btnCalls = (Button) findViewById(R.id.btnCalls)

However, even like that Android Studio is giving an error saying that is
incorrect.
Anyone else experiencing this? If so, what is the workaround?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/2e452cbc-de89-464e-9dcb-4524599fbc20%40googlegroups.com.