*This is Neha from Apetan consulting,*
*Please find the below job description and send me your update resume
matching to it along with Contact details, Current location, Visa and
*POSITION: QA Engineer*
* INTERVIEW: Phone than F2F Interview*
*LOCATION: Burbank, CA*
· Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to
develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for Company products.
· Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans.
· Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
· Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging
and modification of software.
· Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and
recommends corrective action.
· Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
· Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of
programming languages, systems, and computation software.
· Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions
of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
*Position Overview/ Responsibilities:*
The person filling this position will be responsible for the creation and
execution of test cases utilizing automation and test tools to ensure the
validation of Rovi products targeting cable operator customers. As these
products rely on a large number of servers, this person will also need to
become familiar with, and work with numerous system components. This
candidate will need to possess a strong technical background such that
they're able to come up to speed quickly on new proprietary technology. For
each of the products being validated, it is expected that this person will:
• Creation and execution of manual, automated, unit, regression test cases.
• Participation in daily Scrum planning meetings, backlog grooming and
daily stand ups.
• Effective communication with other members of the team and third parties.
• Troubleshoot complex issues using advanced testing techniques
• Interface with the development team, when needed, to address questions on
• Interface with third party vendors, when necessary.
• Generate periodic status reports.
• Manage test environments
· Must have at least 5+ years professional software QA experience,
including experience in all phases of the software development and software
· Should be familiar with or have experience with Agile SCRUM
· Must have experience with software QA test tools, including
automated test systems.
· Must possess a strong technical background and be able to come up
to speed quickly on new technologies.
· Must be flexible, able to identify needs and to quickly apply
mid-course corrections, where necessary.
· Must possess strong problem solving abilities, good
organizational skills, and work well in both team environments and
· Must be comfortable working with developing technologies.
· Experience with bug tracking systems (JIRA, Version One etc).
· Experience with embedded applications is a plus.
· Interactive television experience is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· BS in a science discipline or equivalent experience is required
· Experience with co-located / multi-site engineering team.
§ Competency in one of the following languages: C, C++, Perl, Java or
Python is a plus.
§ Java Application Server experience a plus.
§ Web services experience SOAP a plus.
§ Experience with build systems, unit testing, version control software
(Subversion, Perforce, VSS, etc.)
*Neha Kumari |* *Technical Recruiter* | *Apetan Consulting LLC*
Tel:201-620-9700* 106 | Fax: 201-526-6869 | 72 Van
Reipen Avenue # 255 Jersey City, NJ 07306 |
n...@apetan.com | www.apetan.com |
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Android Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/android-developers.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.