I'd love to get a definitive answer to the same question. I was askign
something similar yesterday:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/283ee27e57b269f2/7895bccd96f352a9#7895bccd96f352a9

Experiment suggests that the Market won't let you upload two different
APKs with the same package name as different apps, so I think the
scenario you describe won't work.

It would be very helpful to hear Google's take on this problem, since
they have presumably thought out how the Market should work for light
& full builds of the same app.

R.