Unfortunately it's not that easy. The V.A.T. rate is charged dependant
on the end customer, and in the Market situation Google is counted as a
reseller not the end customer.

The last company I set up which sold software to the US without physical
shipments (i.e. everything was a download) and had US resellers received
it's first VAT inspection within 6 months of setting up. Everything was,
of course, all legal and above board, so the there was no problem, but,
as a small company, it's normally years before you get a VAT inspection.

HMRC in the UK are pretty focused on this (especially with mobile phone
related businesses) because of a type of fraud called Missing Trader
Fraud (or a VAT carousel - see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_trader_fraud). To carry the fraud
out requires someone to run off with the cash at some point, but HMRC
don't do risk assessments on smaller companies so they treat everyone as
if they might get involved in a VAT carousel, and hence keep a close eye
on companies doing VAT import/export.

Al.

--
======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,

subsidiaries.