I'm not sure about the actual domain Google Play uses to deliver the APK
files, I imagine it's a CDN - but as an alternative you could try 3rd party
sites like http://apkjoy.com or apkpure etc. They are reputable and you can
verify the app signatures to ensure they are valid and not tampered with.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/634fa866-35e5-44f7-8b90-03ded1941559%40googlegroups.com.