As part of the development of an education app that targets children, its
clear that we are gonna have to opt-in to the designed for families program
on google play. In order to this one of the requirements is that: "Apps
must be rated as ESRB Everyone or Everyone 10+, or equivalent." Does anyone
have a grasp of what would be considered equivalent here? Our app and terms
are COPPA compliant, something I have made sure of myself but we dont
currently have the money to apply for certification by a safe-harbour
program by the ESRB. Could an equivalent simply be having an app that is
appropriate for children and complies with COPPA or do I need to pay
hundreds of dollars for ceritfication by the ESRB or some other body just
to be able to include my app on the Play store?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/a70571c3-c29e-4931-8f30-ef6725ce27f3%40googlegroups.com.