I think Al is right about the current Android user base.  G1 is viewed
as a "smarter" and "less over-hyped" alternative to iPhone.  As such,
it attracts that category of people who enjoy tweaking their Linux
desktop as opposed to getting themselves a shiny new Mac :)
Unfortunately for the developers, it's the Mac people we need to sell
our apps to.  You know, the kind of people who are used to paying
0.99c or more for a silly song.

I only hope that Android will become more mainstream by the end of the
year with G2 and other phones coming to the market.  Until this
happens, no matter what you do trying to increase the sales of your
app, your profitability will remain quite pathetic.  Geeks are happy
to spend a week figuring out how to get for free something they could
buy in two minutes for a monetary equivalent of a cup coffee.  I know,
I am one of them :)