On Mar 4, 12:21 pm, Marco Nelissen <marc...@android.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Nmix <nepean...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ugh. I already use onCreateDialog() and onPrepareDialog() since that
> > is how I deal with making the content dynamic.  I figured dismissing
> > it (ok, I agree that's not quite a best practice), would be simplest,
> > especially since in the context of the app it is very unlikely that
> > the user would change config while it is showing.
>
> Why do you say that? Opening or closing the keyboard counts as a
> configuration change, so it's something that can happen at any time.

I wasn't speaking in general, but rather the particulars of my app at
the time that a specific dialog is shown.  It is certainly possible
the keyboard would be opened/closed, but it far more likely the user
would instead close the dialog.  It's a matter of probabilities in a
specific circumstance.  Dealing with every low-runner use case is not
always a good use of time.  Provided of course that we avoid force
closes....