Hi,
We are developing a Business Management application for
Accounting/Inventory/Invoicing etc. which is capable of being integrated
with a reasonably wide variety of 3rd Party document formats – like
spreadsheets, and PDF, and ALSO capable of being customized by the end-user
to support additional formats.  While the ‘out-of-the-box’
integrations(extensions) can be listed in the manifest file for people to
opt to open a particular document type using our application, if they wish
to – what do we need to do to allow them to associate their own customized
integrations.  For defining the same in manifest file, we do this for
already defined extensions :
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
<data android:mimeType="application/pdf"/>
<data android:mimeType="image/png"/>
</intent-filter>