I am a brand new Android developer. I have just finished my first app using
Android Studio. It is a very simple app that displays a special clock
created in JavaScript. I used WebView to load and display the HTML/CSS/JS
assets. I learned pretty much all of this on YouTube.

Everything runs fine on emulators and on my personal device. However when I
submitted the app bundle to the Play Store the Pre-launch review indicated
that there was a "Cold start time" for the "Nokia Nokia 1". The biggest
issue is "Slow Frames" at 42.46%.

I read on a help doc that the most common way to fix Cold start times is to
optimize the use of onCreate(). My app is super simple can anyone provide
some insight into how to best optimize the below MainActivity.kt?

package com.clock.ustimezoneclock

import android.os.Bundle

import android.webkit.WebView

import androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity

import com.clock.ustimezoneclock.R

class MainActivity : AppCompatActivity() {

    override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {

        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)

        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main)

        val myWebView: WebView = findViewById(R.id.webview)

        myWebView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true)

        myWebView.loadUrl("file:///android_asset/index.html")

    }

}