Hi,

I've faced the following issue. Upon loading my app I have several
threads consuming an http output stream to update some state. I've
implemented the Handler technique and have my threads posting back
when they're ready to do so. This usually takes 2-3 seconds. The issue
comes if the keyboard is opened within this period since G1 restarts
the onCreate(), and basically repeats the process. So when the first
threads are ready to post back they're throwing NullPointerException.
The only solution that comes to my mind is to detect when the device
is about to force change of portrait to landscape and vice versa, and
at this point to stop all threads previously created so my client
won't throw the NullPointerException erros. Is this a well know issue
with a well known solution? Hope I will get some advice as this
problem is ruining my whole app.

Thanks!