Hello,

I was referring
https://developer.android.com/training/package-visibility/declaring#intent-filter-signature
 android
official documentation for package visibility behavioural changes for app
targets Android 11 and Higher.

If we need to query or interact with all installed apps on a device,
independent of the components they contain. App needs to use
QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission to to see all other installed apps.

Also, it is mentioned
https://developer.android.com/training/package-visibility/declaring#intent-filter-signature
 intent
filter based approach that your app might need to query or interact with a
set of apps that serve a particular purpose, but you might not know the
specific package names to include.

In regards to intent filter based approach, may be there is one loophole
that I noticed while exploring the <queries> element if you add
android.intent.action.MAIN as the action element in the intent filter to
get almost all the installed apps without adding the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES
permission since almost all apps would have this element in the
AndroidManifest.
<queries>
      <intent>
            <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
      </intent>
</queries>

*Question* do we know if we follow this loophole approach, will Google
reject our app?