Take a look at the GestureDetector class.

- Create an instance of GestureDetector.
- Handle the onTouch event of your activity.
  In your onTouch event handler, forward the MotionEvent to this
GestureDetector instance.
- Assign a listener to this GestureDetector (one that implements
onFling, amongst others)
  Implement the onFling method in your listener to handle flings.