Hi,

   I wrote an app that, among other things,  renders feed articles
using WebView. Now I get error reports that seem to originate in
WebView:

-- NewsRob Version: 1.7.0/170
-- Android Version: sdk=2, release=1.1, inc=128600
-- Thread State: RUNNABLE
-- Stacktrace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at android.webkit.CacheManager$1.run(CacheManager.java:391)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:935)

   I've got another report with the same content, but a different
incremental version of the sdk (126986). Probably one from the US and
one from the UK.

   So now I would love to know why the code blows up and if there is
anything I can do about it. And with the source files and line numbers
I felt in good shape to so. If only I could match them to the public
code repositories ;-(

   Finding the file was easy:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=tree;f=core/java/android/webkit;h=a133d1c04dede353611f23bc37d04a9ff7316b8d;hb=HEAD

   But then "history" returns the following:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=history;f=core/java/android/webkit/CacheManager.java;h=d12940d04f41e3f4450da79738714a6a8c7739e6;hb=HEAD
-->
2008-12-18      The Android Open...     Code drop from //branches/
cupcake/....@124589
2008-10-21      The Android Open...     Initial Contribution android-1.0

   None of these seem to simply match the version information returned
by Build.VERSION.

   Furthermore none of these seem to match the line no from the
stracktrace. It says method "run" in CacheManager.java:391. In both
versions line 391 is not in a run method ;-(

   So, how to match stacktraces to code?

Cheers,
Mariano