I've been trying to save image from the camera by calling the
android.media.action.IMAGE_CAPTURE intent. and save using
com.android.providers.MediaStore.Images.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI.
I've been successful in getting the small picture by calling the
camera intent and getting the result data. I know it is going to be
fixed in the cupcake release (I'm currently using 1.1_rc1.. latest
stable according to the site). However, from what I saw in the Camera
application's source code, passing "output" in Extras with uri should
save my file to the disk and return RESULT_OK. I'm still getting the
data back as inline-data however. Is there a way to make the Camera
application save the image file to the disk using a given URI and
later use that elsewhere?
Since I am indeed sending a saveUri to the Camera class, what's going
wrong. And yes, the MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT="output" and it is public
but is flagged by Eclipse. I checked the source codes for all and
googled.

    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);
        Button cameraButton = (Button) findViewById
(R.id.cameraButton);
        cameraButton.setOnClickListener( new OnClickListener(){
                public void onClick(View v ){
                        ContentValues values = new ContentValues();
                        values.put(Images.Media.TITLE, "title");
                        values.put(Images.Media.BUCKET_ID, "test");
                        values.put(Images.Media.DESCRIPTION, "test Image
taken");
                        values.put(Images.Media.MIME_TYPE, "image/jpeg");
                        Uri imageUri = getContentResolver().insert
(Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI, values);
                        Intent intent = new Intent
("android.media.action.IMAGE_CAPTURE");

                        intent.putExtra("output",imageUri));