I am trying to understand how Gallery implements it fling behaviour.
I appreciate if someone can help me understand
1. why it needs special handing for ACTION_UP and ACTION_CANCEL?
2. why it does not check the retValue before calling UP/CANCEL's handling?
3. what does onUp() trying to do? Why it needs to send out Unpress event?

 @Override
    public boolean onTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) {

        // Give everything to the gesture detector
        boolean retValue = mGestureDetector.onTouchEvent(event);

        int action = event.getAction();
        if (action == MotionEvent.ACTION_UP) {
            // Helper method for lifted finger
            onUp();
        } else if (action == MotionEvent.ACTION_CANCEL) {
            onCancel();
        }

        return retValue;
    }

 /**
     * Called when a touch event's action is MotionEvent.ACTION_UP.
     */
    void onUp() {

        if (mFlingRunnable.mScroller.isFinished()) {
            scrollIntoSlots();
        }

        dispatchUnpress();
    }