On 16 Mar, 22:37, Ralf <ralfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With the usual "I'm not a lawyer" disclaimer applied, I'd think yes as
> long as you comply with the EPL and thus redistribute that part using
> the EPL. However you'd have to carefully choose your wording to make
> it clear this is not the original plugin distributed by Google.

Thank you for your answer. However, I have realised that the binary
plugins I have are NOT under the EPL.

I've been looking into this a little bit more in detail, and have come
to the following conclusions:
The eclipse plugins (0.8.0.v200809220836) downloadable from the update
site https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ are distributed under
the Android Software Development Kit License Agreement. According to
3.3 in that agreement we are not allowed to redistribute the plugins
in our own eclipse distribution.
If we would take the source code of the plugins in git (0.8.1 or 0.9.0
work in progress) we could build the plugins ourselves and distribute
it under EPL and Apache 2 accordingly.
To build them ourselves appears to us as an unnecessary step which we
would like to avoid. If possible we would like to take the prebuilt
binaries and include them in our distribution. However, it appears
that we would need Google's written permission in order to do that.

Could someone from Google comment on that?

BR
Daniel Olsson