FreeTTS is a text-to-speech engine. It's only dependency is *again*
java.beans.PropertyChangeListener.
I've tried compiling with --core-library using Eclipse but no matter
what I did I wasn't able to pass that parameter to the Android tools
(can't remember which one required it).
I managed to compile using the command-line tools but haven't tried
running the app because in the end I've given up because of the big
voice files required for FreeTTS.
Bottom line is, I can't really help you, but try compiling on the
command line OR try creating an IntelliJ IDEA project and modify it's
build script -- I can't guarantee it will work though.

Cheers

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Marco Schmitz
<netzprofi.ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> hi stoyan,
>
> I am working for a company that needs an android client for their web
> application. because the server is coded nicely, the first try is
> going to be a serialized server object on android. but the server uses
> jdk 1.6 and therefor some classes that android doesnt support like
> java.bean. because these beans are transient I just need an empty
> class inside android. but the problem is to compile it.
>
> any suggestions?
>
> by the way: what is freetts?
>
> greetings,
> darolla
>
> 2009/3/17 Stoyan Damov <stoyan.da...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> I'll try to pull a magic now and guess what you're trying to do -- are
>> you trying to get FreeTTS to work in your app? :P
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:01 PM, DaRolla <netzprofi.ma...@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> I need to build a java.beans.PropertyChangeListener which is part of
>>> JDK (rt.jar) but not part of Dalvik.
>>>
>>> Trying to copy the sources to my Application I get this:
>>>
>>> Attempt to include a core VM class in something other than a core
>>> library.
>>> It is likely that you have attempted to include the core library from
>>> a desktop
>>> virtual machine into an application, which will most assuredly not
>>> work. If
>>> you really intend to build a core library -- which is only appropriate
>>> as
>>> part of creating a full virtual machine binary, as opposed to
>>> compiling an
>>> application -- then use the "--core-library" option to suppress this
>>> error
>>> message. If you go ahead and use "--core-library" but are in fact