I've developed an application that receives a Broadcast and then
launches an Activity, where that Activity queries a ContentProvider
which pulls information out of the DNS in real-time.

I'd like to be able to shuffle this so that instead of going:

  BroadcastReceiver -> Activity -> ContentProvider.query()

it goes:

   BroadcastReceiver -> ContentProvider.query() -> Activity

If the query() returns no data I want to miss out launching the
activity, and allow the Broadcast message to fall through as normal.

If the query() does return data, I want that Cursor to be supplied to
the Activity, so that I don't have to go and query for the data again.

Is this possible?

thanks

Ray