I just wanted to run a ProgressBar test, as it's my first time using
them on the Android. Here's my XML (in a Linear Layout):

<ProgressBar android:id="@+id/progress"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="25dip"
        android:indeterminate="false"
        android:max="100"
        android:progress="50" />

When I run the emulator I get a progress bar that glows orange on the
left and right end.

I also instead tried programmatically setting indeterminate to false,
max to 100, and progress to a solid 50. No go. I even tried creating a
background worker thread that would update the progress of the bar
every half a second. Nothing. I just get two glowing orange ends to my
bar (with a blank space in the middle).

Is this a problem with the emulator? Or am I doing something wrong
with the ProgressBar?