hi Everyone:

  i searched the groups for days, and can't solve the problem by
myslef. so i'm asking for help here.
i have a service running background, it registered a LocationListener
on the LocationManager. when the phone moved exceeded the predefined
distance, listener will be triggered and send a notification.

i want the service keep running so in the service i used the
PowerManager.WakeLock to acquire  the PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK and release
the wave lock at some time. but i noticed the service did nothing when
phone sleeped. i walk or drive a long distance with my phone, i only
got notifications when i activate the phone, and the notifycation
timestamp is always the time phone activated.

i also checked the phone's status, the Awake time( Settings - About
Phone - Status - Awake time) is 100%, i think that means my service
does get the wave lock, the CPU kept running.

i wonder why my service didn't send out any notification, why my
listener didn't triggered? do you have any clue? thanks alot.