Hi
make use of sensorListener and it will work ......... i have used the same
.......... when u use sensorlistener and sensormanager in ur view it has got
an override method as onSizeChanged which return the width and
height......... so using change in size u will get the orientation

Below is a code for u of orientation check ......... enjoy :

import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Context;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.hardware.SensorManager;
import android.hardware.SensorListener;
import android.util.Log;
import android.graphics.Bitmap;
import android.graphics.Canvas;
import android.graphics.Color;
import android.graphics.Paint;
import android.graphics.Path;
import android.graphics.RectF;

public class Midlet extends Activity {
    /** Tag string for our debug logs */
    private static final String TAG = "Sensors";

    private SensorManager mSensorManager;
    private GraphView mGraphView;

    private class GraphView extends View implements SensorListener
    {

        public GraphView(Context context) {
            super(context);
        }

        @Override
        protected void onSizeChanged(int w, int h, int oldw, int oldh) {
            System.out.println("on sizechanged");
            super.onSizeChanged(w, h, oldw, oldh);
        }

        @Override
        protected void onDraw(Canvas canvas) {

        }

        public void onSensorChanged(int sensor, float[] values) {

        }

        public void onAccuracyChanged(int sensor, int accuracy) {
            // TODO Auto-generated method stub

        }
    }

    /**
     * Initialization of the Activity after it is first created.  Must at
least
     * call {...@link android.app.Activity#setContentView setContentView()} to
     * describe what is to be displayed in the screen.
     */
    @Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        // Be sure to call the super class.
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        mSensorManager = (SensorManager) getSystemService(SENSOR_SERVICE);
        mGraphView = new GraphView(this);
        setContentView(mGraphView);
    }

    @Override
    protected void onResume() {
        super.onResume();
        mSensorManager.registerListener(mGraphView,
                SensorManager.SENSOR_ACCELEROMETER |
                SensorManager.SENSOR_MAGNETIC_FIELD |
                SensorManager.SENSOR_ORIENTATION,
                SensorManager.SENSOR_DELAY_FASTEST);
    }

    @Override
    protected void onStop() {
        mSensorManager.unregisterListener(mGraphView);
        super.onStop();
    }
}