but apple has infringed others' patents too... especially good old
palm's.
so palm went ahead to happily use apple's patents instead of suing..
revenge or understanding.. I wudnt know. but it is sick that some
simple stuff like this can be patented .. just because you started
using touch first. nybody trying out a touch screen wud have com up
with such ideas easily. but yes the fruit guys did get into it sooner
than many others.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/28/apple-vs-palm-the-in-depth-analysis/

well before somebody from google hushes me here and asks us to go to
android-discuss, i'll close with the thought that the hardware doesn't
stop some dual-touch stuff and these but sick legal issues do. if at
all apple puts up a fight and loses in court it woud be be easy for
official android team to implement this otherwise we are on our own.

Android team, if release synced sources were more clearly supported,
we would be able to do such value additions at zero cost
unofficially.

Cheers,
Rajesh.S