When I choose the image, this is what I get in the debug log:

03-31 11:34:36.055: INFO/ActivityManager(55): Displayed activity
com.android.camera/.ImageGallery2: 2455 ms
03-31 11:34:39.525: VERBOSE/ImageGallery2(11143): /
ImageBlockManager.onPause
03-31 11:34:49.519: WARN/ActivityManager(55): Launch timeout has
expired, giving up wake lock!