I'm writing a Android gps application using locationmanager with
locationlistener and I'm only testing with the emulator. This is my
problem.
- When sending only $GPGGA nmea sentences to emulator by telnet,
everything works fine.
- When sending only $GPRMC nmea sentences to emulator by telnet, the
first location is recognized by locationmanager, the gps provider goes
into status 2, next $GPRMC sentence is not recognized.

This happens not only with my application, the Google Maps application
and also others show the same behaviour: they get only the first
$GPRMC location.

When sending a $GPGGA sentence after the $GPRMC, the locationlistener
gets controll and location is shown.