Actually he developed his own code for calculating distance and
direction,
What I mean is, I launch the new activity with,

this.startActivity(new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW,
                        Uri.parse("http://maps.google.com/maps?
f=d&saddr=37.4,-121.9"+
                                "&daddr=Bellevue, WA&hl=en")));

for showing driving direction on map, This launches the Android's map
application and show the path on map, with distance between two
location points,
        So my query is the ' is there any way to retrieve these info
(distance expected time, etcd) from android map appl to my appl from
where I launched the above activity'.

Thank you